Eco-responsible wooden models
Unleash the woodworker in you!
Paints and accessories
To avoid mistakes, our team can choose them for you.
Gundam / Gunpla
The largest choice of Gunpla to give life to your robots
- On sale!
- Clearance sale
Scale models for beginners
The ideal scale models for a few hours of family fun
- On sale!
- Clearance sale
3D Puzzle: Tips & Tricks
While classic puzzles are sometimes difficult to assemble, 3D puzzles can be more complicated. Here's the essentials to know about these.
The essentials to know about 3D puzzles
What is a 3D puzzle?
Just like classic puzzles, the 3D puzzle was one of the so-called "puzzle" board games. Unlike the 2D puzzle, the 3D puzzle materializes in space. In general, it represents famous monuments and sites or a spherical ball. The themes of constructions in 3D puzzles can be very varied. Otherwise, whether it is a 3D puzzle Ravensburger, Wrebbit, DToys, Cubic Fun or Pintoo, the game principle is usually the same.
How to play a 3D puzzle?
Whether it's a 3D wooden puzzle or other material, here are the steps to follow to easily make a 3D puzzle:
- Sort the pieces of the puzzle by color;
- Sort puzzle pieces by illustration (pieces that have similar illustrations);
- Sort the pieces of the puzzle by shape (generally, the pieces that form the contours of the 3D puzzle display straight lines, mortises or tenons. Those with growths and troughs make up the central part. Some parts may also have a curved shape.) ;
- Create subcategories by gathering similar parts. For this, it will be necessary to pay particular attention to the details of the colors or patterns;
- Depending on the type of 3D puzzle, if it is a monument for example, start the assembly from the bottom.
If it is an object, such as a car, it is possible to assemble different parts and unite the whole at the end. Parts with borders usually form the frame of structures. The ideal is to always start the 3D puzzle with its main frame. It can be a chassis, a frame or a skeleton.
What are the most popular 3D puzzle themes?
Here are the most frequently searched 3D puzzle themes:
- For monuments: Eiffel Tower (luminous Eiffel Tower); Statue of Liberty; Big Ben Arc de Triomphe; Empire State Building Football stadium (velodrome stadium, Parc des Princes, etc.); Our lady of paris; Colosseum; Taj Mahal Tower of Pisa; Mont Saint Michel; Buckingham Palace
- For Films/Cartoons: Harry Potter; Star Wars; Disney (Disney castle); Pat Patrol; Pokémon; The snow queen; Titanic; Cars.
- Other themes that are also solicited: Dinosaur; Horse; cities (Paris, London, New York); train.
A 3D puzzle for every age
It is indeed possible to find a child 3D puzzle and an adult 3D puzzle. However, whether for young or old, know above all that the 3D puzzle improves spatial orientation, fine motor skills or the ability to observe. The goal is also to make geometric associations between the different parts.
The 3D puzzle for children
For children, the ideal is to opt for a 3D puzzle with a minimum number of pieces, depending on their level. A child who has already had experience with Legos or other games and toys for embedded and educational for example will get by more easily with a 3D puzzle.
The ideal is to opt for a model whose theme interests him, such as the 3D puzzles Cars, The Snow Queen or on the theme of animals. Otherwise, for a child from 8 to 11 years old among others, a 3D puzzle of 50 to 180 pieces will do very well.
The 3D puzzle for adults
Adults can opt for a more complex and elaborate 3D puzzle. Generally speaking, models intended for adults can be composed of 500 pieces or more.
Good experience. Would shop here again.
Thank you very much!
The site was easy to use and has real choices.
Site is easy to navigate.
More than 150,000 products for your hobbies, including more than 15,000 in stock and shipped the same day
A team of passionate people, who created more than 150 tutorials and videos and advise you by phone and chat
In the USA 🇺🇸, Canada 🇨🇦 and the world 🌎 with UPS
Return within 30 days after your purchase