Electric RC Plane
Eco-responsible wooden models
Unleash the woodworker in you!
Paints and accessories
To avoid mistakes, our team can choose them for you.
Gundam / Gunpla
The largest choice of Gunpla to give life to your robots
Scale models for beginners
The ideal scale models for a few hours of family fun
How to choose an electric rc plane?
Do you like to fly? Learn about aeromodelling and learn how to fly an electric RC aircraft. Here's how to choose your flying machine.
Electric RC aircraft: the selection criteria
What is a radio controlled aircraft?
In aeromodelling, an electric aircraft is a flying prototype piloted from land through a radio controller. This miniature aircraft is almost considered a toy aircraft, but offers more features. Indeed, it is nothing more and nothing less than a reduced replica of a real aircraft. Enough to learn the basics of flying while having fun!
In the aircraft modeling sector, manufacturers are constantly innovating to make maneuverable and easy-to-assemble machines. You will find a panoply of models as powerful as the others to start in aeromodelling.
What is a radio controlled aircraft?
The remote-controlled aircraft is sold under several brands. Each prototype stands out for its design, power supply, number of voices and stability. You can choose your flying machine by referring to the following brands:
● Axion RC;
● Joysway Hobby ;
● Great Planes ;
● Hirobo ;
● Black Horse ;
● Sun Fly.
What are the different aircraft models?
Electric RC aircraft are available in several models according to your preferences and expertise. Here are some of them:
● A beginner radio controlled aircraft: this craft offers maximum stability for a start of learning thanks to its high wings.
● An aerobatic aircraft: its ergonomics and features make it possible to do great aerial acrobatics. This model is suitable for experienced aeromodellers.
● A jet: fast and powerful, this metal aircraft is particularly suitable for experienced pilots who wish to participate in RC races.
● A micro-aircraft: this flying prototype is suitable for piloting in a small space such as a garden or a park. The micro-aircraft is intended for children or beginners.
● An RC glider: this miniature glider replica allows you to fly effortlessly. The glider is available with or without an engine according to your preferences.
● A warbird: inspired by World War II aircraft, the warbird is a miniature reproduction of military aircraft. It can be a phantom aircraft, a fighter aircraft or others.
● A seaplane: in addition to flying, the seaplane can land or land on the water. It is recommended if you are flying near a lake, pool or aquatic surface.
● Flying wings: this glider is ideal for shooting aerial with a camera.
What notions to know before your first flight?
Before your aerial baptism, it is essential to know the following notions:
● The radio frequency: it allows you to communicate through a transmission frequency and make sure that you are not on the same channel as a neighboring driver.
● The direction: it depends on the position of the plane. If it goes to your direction, its left will be your right. It is essential to keep it in your field of vision.
● Weather: weather conditions influence your flight. The wind is quite weak in the early morning and late afternoon. If it's too windy outside, wait to prevent your electric RC plane from getting carried away.
Good experience. Would shop here again.
Thank you very much!
The site was easy to use and has real choices.
Site is easy to navigate.
More than 150,000 products for your hobbies, including more than 15,000 in stock and shipped the same day
A team of passionate people, who created more than 150 tutorials and videos and advise you by phone and chat
In the USA 🇺🇸, Canada 🇨🇦 and the world 🌎 with UPS
Return within 30 days after your purchase