- On sale!
- Our choice
- On sale
1:72 scale aircraft model kits
Eco-responsible wooden models
Unleash the woodworker in you!
Paints and accessories
To avoid mistakes, our team can choose them for you.
Gundam / Gunpla
The largest choice of Gunpla to give life to your robots
Scale models for beginners
The ideal scale models for a few hours of family fun
Why choose a 1/72 scale for an aircraft model?
Many a 1/72 aircraft model is the best way to learn more about the exciting history of aviation.
All you need to know a 1:72
How to take into account the size of the model?
Maquettism is a much appreciated activity of history lovers and skilled people with their hand. Among the many models of electric RC aircraft models, ifaire a choice is not always obvious. It must be taken into account that the models are manufactured on a standard scale. Indeed, the higher the scale, the smaller the size of the aircraft model will be. By opting for a model of aircraft 1/72, and if the original object measures 10 meters, then the miniature model will measure 14 centimeters.
What model of an airplane to choose for a child?
For modeling enthusiasts, it is recommended to start with aircraft model kits and to give preference to models with 70 parts. As for toddlers, there are dedicated models exclusively for them.
The models of children's aircraft are composed of simple manufacturing elements and usually presented as a kit. The model of an aircraft to be built is often accompanied by everything necessary to dress it like paint, the plane model plan and brushes.
What types of aircraft are available for children?
Severy types of 1/72 aircraft models are suitable for children who are passionate about modeling. Here are some of them:
● A model of a biplane aircraft: the biplane is a model with two superimposed bearing wings and built until the Second World War. One of the first biplanes in the history of aviation was the Wright Flyer;
● A monoplane model: the monoplane was adopted in the late 30s. The aircraft is equipped with a single pair of wings as a lift plane;
● A model of a triplane aircraft: used by the Red Baron Manfred von Richthofen during the First World War, the triplane is a model that has three wings placed one above the other;
● A model of a twin-engine aircraft: the aircraft has two engines;
● A single-engine aircraft model: the aircraft is equipped with a single engine;
● A model of afour-engine aircraft: the aircraft has a higher speed since the model is powered by four engines.
What are the most sought-after aircraft models?
You will find scale models of aircraft from the great world wars as well as more recent models, or aircraft carriers:
● Reconnaissance aircraft;
● Line route;
● Military aircraft;
Rather plastic or wood to start well?
The choice of material to use does not necessarily depend on the aircraft model, but on the time. For old aircraft dating from the world wars, the choice is mainly on a wooden aircraft model. However, for modern aircraft, a plastic model aircraft should be preferred.
In addition, there are also models ofmetalaircraft. Metal models are very popular with model enthusiasts. However, the latter are more difficult for novices to ride.
Good experience. Would shop here again.
Thank you very much!
The site was easy to use and has real choices.
Site is easy to navigate.
More than 150,000 products for your hobbies, including more than 15,000 in stock and shipped the same day
A team of passionate people, who created more than 150 tutorials and videos and advise you by phone and chat
In the USA 🇺🇸, Canada 🇨🇦 and the world 🌎 with UPS
Return within 30 days after your purchase